FROM: PATRICIAN ASSOCIATES
RE: DECK REPLACEMENT POLICIES, PROCEDURES AND SPECIFICATIONS
Attached are the policies and procedures outlining the steps necessary to replace a deck at Stonegate Village. It will be necessary for you or your contractor to sign and return this package to us for processing. For direct replacement of an original deck the Association will handle all matters regarding the replacement of the deck. In the case where the Association is providing funds, all policies and procedures must be followed by the homeowner and the contractor. All disbursements will be made payable to contractor.
CONTRACTED PRICE _____________
ASSOCIATION CONTRIBUTION _____________
BALANCE DUE CONTRACTOR FROM HOMEOWNER _____________
I CERTIFY THAT I HAVE READ AND WILL COMPLY WITH ALL THE POLICIES AND PROCEDURES AS OUTLINED IN THE ATTACHED.
UNIT OWNER DATE
UNIT CO-OWNER DATE
PROCEDURES FOR DECK REPLACEMENT
1. Send a detailed drawing, showing size materials, please see page 4 regarding Deck Specification, and type of construction to be used, to the Stonegate Village Condominium
Association Board of Trustees (B.O.T) for their review and approval.
2. Once approved by the B.O.T., the drawing must be approved by the Building Inspector of the Borough of Stanhope.
3. Obtain a building permit from the Borough of Stanhope.
4. You are required to install supports and footings. Remember to have the ground inspected for electrical, telephone, water and any other utility lines. This is the responsibility of the homeowner and contractor.
5. Send the signed and sealed drawing back to the B.O.T. Include a copy of the Construction Contract and building permit, along with copies of the contractor currently enforce insurance policies appropriate to the performance of the job.
6. After the deck construction is completed, the deck must be stained in accordance with the color scheme within the complex. Stain must be requested through the management company. Upper and Lower decks must conform in every aspect specifically staining with an agreement in writing verifying same by both unit owners.
7. Partial payment will be withheld by the Association until final building approval is displayed.
POLICYS ON DECK REPLACEMENT
1. As required by the By-Laws of the Stonegate Village Condominium Association, it will be responsibility of the Association to maintain all ORIGINAL or ORIGINAL SIZES replacement decks.
2. Deck work, as described in item (1) will be made at the expense of the Association, including the repair and painting or staining. Coatings must be obtained from the Association.
3. All decks that have been altered are the responsibility of the homeowner.
4. The Association will continue to provide all deck owners with the coatings necessary to maintain the aesthetics of the deck. Homeowners who fail to maintain the deck properly will have the job done by the Association, but charged to the homeowner. Powerwashing of nay altered decks will be the responsibility of the homeowner.
5. All homeowners are required to follow the procedure and specifications as outlined in this package.
6. On all original decks the scheduling of repairs, application of coatings or replacement of decks will be the responsibility of the Board of Trustees.
1. All wood material must be Wolmanized. (Pressure Treated)
2. All Fastening devices, screws, nails, bolts etc. are to be galvanized.
3. Footings to support girders or support columns to be 4” minimum, 6” maximum above finished grade – 12” diameter.
4. Existing and new deck material is the contractors responsibility to remove from the site. (Dirt may be placed behind the pool area, however, Contractors may not use Association dumpsters).
5. All work to follow local building codes.
6. All work to be neat in workmanship like manner.
7. All digging is the contractor’s responsibility, please note item #3 in the Procedures for Deck Replacement.
8. All new stain must be Behr, Plus 10 Deck & Siding Stain #2-717 Redwood Natural Tone.